[ANSTHRLD] Documentation Check

Joseph Percer jpercer at stx.rr.com
Fri May 23 08:24:40 PDT 2003

Greetings all,

I've sent this name across the list before, and I did get some excellent
help on it... She's getting ready to submit, and I wanted to see if you
could double check my documentation and let me know whether or not I need
more:

the name is Fai'lenn du la Maurienne

For the given name:

"Irish Names". O Corrain, Donnchadh & Maguira, Fidelma p93:

Fai'lenn: Faoileann
	Meaning, perhaps, ' a graceful woman '. .... Another king of Cashel,
Fai'lbe Flann (637/9), had a daughter called Fai'lenn.

For the Surname:

"Dictionnaire Etymologique des Noms de Famille", Morlet, Marie-The're`se. p
675

Maurienne, n. de re'gion d'origine La Maurienne, valle'e de Savoie

I don't speak french, but I'm guessing that says, Of the region Maurienne,
valley of Savoie...

Also, because the gender needs to be in agreement, is it du la or de la?

In service,

Jayme Dominguez del Valle
Acting Pursuivant, Seawinds