[ANSTHRLD] Chevron Cotised, Looking for Conflicts - X-Posted (Somewhat Long)

Sara L Friedemann liana at ellipsis.cx
Sun Apr 11 11:37:04 PDT 2004

Quoth "Lee & Susan":
> Per bend sinister azure and sable a chevron cotised
>
> Now, my questions.  Is it possible to put an ordinary on a divided field =
> like this, or am I missing a rule that I'm not aware of.  I'm assuming =
> (maybe incorrectly) that a divided field with two colours is all right =
> (the SCA has registered this field division as recently as last year, =
> per the online O&A).

The answer is yes to both question.  See the RfS contrast - which I
cannot quote right now because I can't seem to get to anything off
the www.wisc.edu server at the moment.

>  I only have access to the online O&A ( =
> http://oanda.sca.org/cgi-bin/oanda_bp.cgi ), and I don't think I found =
> anything there.  I tried the following searches:
> per bend sinister azure and sable
> chevron cotised
> Is there anything else I should have tried?  Does anyone find anything =
> that I missed or just didn't see as a conflict?

The blazon pattern searches are not the way to go, generally; you'll miss
quite a bit.  You want to use the index of the SCA Ordinary, and look
under chevron - 1- uncharged - plain line - argent.

Again, I can't conflict check this because my internet access is
being flaky.

-Aryanhwy

--
vita sine literis mors est