[ANSTHRLD] Revised Conflict Check Request

Paul E. Kiefer, Jr. rapierman at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 29 09:12:53 PST 2004

--- "Etienne de St. Amaranth" <star at ansteorra.org> wrote:

> New blazon for conflict check:
> Per fess sable and Or, on an open book Or a mullet of five greater
> and five
> lesser points sable, a demi-sun issuant from base gules.
>
> Conflict checks and blazon clean-up welcome.
>
> Etienne
> Star Principal Herald

Going back to the previous sample I found, which was:

"Sable, in chief on a plate a satyr dancing and playing a flute proper,
issuant from base a demi-sun Or."  (William Gallowglas, Atenveldt,
January 1981.)

Even though the book is forced to be "in chief" to avoid contrast
problems, negating the CD for positional change, there remains the CD
for the change in type of primary charge (open book vs. plate) and the
change in type and tincture of the tertiary charge (satyr proper vs.
mullet of five greater and five lesser points sable) for the second CD.

Furthermore, we now have a change in the tincture of the secondary
charge (demi-sun Or vs. gules), giving it a third CD, and now a change
in the tincture/division of the field, granting a fourth CD.

Result:  Still clear, and a new check revealed nothing more.  Register
with confidence.