[ANSTHRLD] KWHSS website is now up - Scribes are wanted to teach

Hillary Greenslade hillaryrg at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 11 11:23:48 PST 2004

Please take a moment to check out the website for the Knowne World Heraldic and Scribal Symposium,
to be held in 2004 on June 25-27th, in New Cumberland, PA, about an hour from Baltimore.
Check out the website at: <http://www.kwhss.sca.org/index.html>

I've been going to KWHSS for years, it can be done on a budget it you plan ahead, get a discount
airfare, and share hotel space.  This scribal event is a great way to see how other kingdoms
scribal guilds operate and to share knowledge of the arts by taking classes from those teachers
you may only see at major wars, or read about on the scribal lists.  May of the classes are taught
by the host kingdom scribal experts, though teachers from all kingdoms are welcome.   If you want
to volunteer to teach scribal classes, contact: HL Alienora Russeal at <alienor at earthlink.net>.

If you are not able to attend the event, but have an article you would like to share, please
submit to the 'Heraldic Proceedings', the yearly journal of things heraldic, names, and scribal
arts.  The publisher for this year is: Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa at <jahb at lehigh.edu>.

If you would like to see listings of past Proceedings, check out
'Free Trumpet Press' at <http://www.sca.org/heraldry/ftpw/>
or the Proceedings index found at:  < http://www.sca.org/heraldry/laurel/kwhs/>
Wondered where some of those great out-of-kingdom scribal articles come from, some are from the
Proceedings.  If you ever wanted to be published, this is the place.

One of our weekend detours will be to go the the Walters Art Museum in Baltimore, famous for it's
medieval/Renaiss/Manuscript collection <http://www.thewalters.org/>.

I'm planning to attend the event, and have been waiting for the website to get posted, so if you
want to go and share a room, let me know as I'm seeking roomies.

Cheers, Hillary Greenslade / Stargate
(I am not subscribed to the Heralds list, so please send direct e-mail if questions.)

=====
Vert, an anchor, on a chief argent three roses vert.