[ANSTHRLD] Documentation Question

doug bell magnus77840 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 23 01:59:55 PST 2004

>Order of the Argent Wave,

Normally an order name is documented first by documenting
the names in their period meaning with a date attached from
some source like the Oxford English Dictionary.
Then the Ordensname article is used to show how the name
follows period examples.

When strolling through heraldic minefields one should stop if
a loud metallic click is heard.

First I am not sure wave is period in the meaning the barony wants.

Second we no longer register adjectives like argent and sable with
order names.  The normal color should be used.  These words were
only used for heraldry in period.
[Order of the Argent Slipper] "Meridies already has several order names
of the type Argent X, so this particular use is grandfathered to the
Kingdom."  [Meridies, Kingdom of, 08/00, A-Meridies]

Third this doesn't fit any pattern in the Ordrenamen.
We no longer register a wave as an heraldic charge so that
type is right out.

There is no obvious way to document this and register it.

Magnus
Orle herald