[ANSTHRLD] Conflict check request - Marcus

Brent Ryder borekvv at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 6 13:18:29 PDT 2004

Howdy all,

I have consulted the submitter and he is willing to change to 'Pily bendy
sable and Or, a chalice argent' Which is a change of half the field from
gules to Or.

I have found many close calls with only tertiaries charged on the 'cup'
along with the usual removal of co-primary, secondaries, bordures and other
peripheral charges. There is only one registration of this particular field
in the most current online O&A and that registration is field only.

The one I am afraid will conflict is:

Giles MacManus, "Per bend sinister sable and gules, a tankard argent"

With only one CD for the field assuming a cup is a cup is a cup...

I would say there is sufficient difference between a tankard and a chalice
to warrant a second CD. Anyone know precedents on this?

Borek