[ANSTHRLD] Grillage and some other questions

Deborah Sweet dssweet at okstate.edu
Mon Mar 21 13:32:09 PST 2005

I've been contemplating changing my device (from a creature to something
geometrical) -- and I found grillage (at http://heralds.westkingdom.org/Templates - go check it out. Very ambitious!).

I could find only 1 instance of grillage being registered and that was as
a chief.

So I guess my question is does grillage conflict with fretty? If it
doesn't, why isn't it used more? And could I register something as simple
as "Argent grillage purpure" ?

Dancetty - mostly commonly I found this applied to either a bend/bend
sinister or a fess. But it could be applied to say, a chevron or a cross,
or paly or bendy?

"Paly dancetty azure and argent" ?

As well, urdy and potenty don't seem to be used very much.

So any pointers about exceptions or exclusions on grillage, or  dancetty,
urdy and potenty applied to pales, chevrons or the like, would be welcome.

I want to keep it simple enough to draw with a pencil & ruler.

Thanks

Estrill