[ANSTHRLD] Consulting Library

prudencecurious at netscape.net prudencecurious at netscape.net
Sat May 20 07:19:52 PDT 2006

snip
I had the idea of scanning the books and making a virtual copy of the
library for distribution.
snip

Just want to point out this is a bad idea.  It is copyright
infringement.  I know that in some cases the books just are not there,
in which case we should contact the publisher and get permission in
writing for this type of distribution.

snip
I also had the ridiculously whacked out idea of making a simple
database that would contain all the names and references for easy
search and reference. This would take MUCH longer, probably years, and
would require some help. Anyone else think this a useful, if insane
idea?
snip

On the other hand, redistribution of information and acknowleging
sources is legal, honorable and expands intellectual property.  I like
it much better.  What should be the base - Microsoft access is the most
common type of database out there, or would we like our own?

Prudence the Curious