[ANSTHRLD] New Forms online

Jennifer Smith jds at randomgang.com
Thu Oct 19 19:11:05 PDT 2006

Good question!

The badge form indeed is now a square. You still draw whatever to fit the
available space. If it is NOT a fieldless badge, you'll obviously draw in
the box's outline, see. This will also make it more obvious (to Asterisk and
Bordure, anyway) if the badge was meant to be fieldless (since the box
outline won't be drawn) or is instead a badge with an argent field.

Also, there's the matter of arrangement of charges:

"The Letter of Intent arranged the oak leaves in annulo but the submitter's
blazon arranges them in orle. Per the LoAR of January 2002, "There is
normally a CD for changing the arrangement of a group of unnumbered (and
thus 'many') charges from in orle to in annulo, even on a round badge form."
We give difference between these arrangements because they are different in
depiction on almost all escutcheon shapes used for heraldic display in
period. The two arrangements only appear to be the same on the relatively
uncommon roundel escutcheon shape, which is (unfortunately) the traditional
SCA shape for a badge form. This submission is therefore pended for further
conflict research under the correct blazon. [Duncan Silverwolf, July 2003
LoAR]"

Hope this answers your question!

-Emma