[ANSTHRLD] Tools of the trade (was: Re: Thanks from the new kid)

Britt tierna.britt at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 14:15:50 PDT 2007

On 4/19/07, TinyGypsyLady <tinygypsylady at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I HAD thought of the idea of making myself a book, of sorts. But figured I would get ... mmmm...
>
>   I think if I can SEE some of these things, I will learn them versus memorizing them.
>
>   As for the books for clients... great idea too! I will have to look into that one!

Book for you, pages for clients. My binder has equal numbers of lined
filler paper and shield 'blanks'. I pop the rings and hand out what's
needed to who needs it so the binder does double-duty for names and
devices. The pencils I keep with a portable sharpener and a couple of
spare pink pearl erasers in a Pringles can covered with construction
paper with my arms printed on it so it doubles as a nameplate at the
table. Stand it beside me and I have actually had folks look at it, at
me, at it, and venture, "Teceangl?" That's a real kick.

The filled-in stuff I keep in the back of the binder.  I'm making a
separate one with some example sheets, as well. Right now it has two
sizes of each ordinary for charged and uncharged representations and a
set of examples of complex lines and chiefs (particularly the chief
triangular - the one most often returned for redrawing).  I plan on
adding postures but my graphic designer husband's got some great ideas
about making style sheets and encasing them in those plastic
sandwiching sheets that'll seal them from the elements.

- Teceangl