[ANSTHRLD] Need Advice please

Mike C. Baker kihebard at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 15 10:07:12 PDT 2007

> I need a bit of advice as soon as feasibly possible.
> As many of you know, Warlord was a large rainy mess.
>
> Due to said rain, one of the awards that was read into court
> law but yet to be presented has a bit of rain damage to the
> lower corner of the scroll.  The ink and paint are fine, the
> scroll paper is not.
>
> Does anyone have suggestions as to how to handle this
> sitaution?   We would like to be able to present the
> award at our Steppes Artisan event in a few weeks.
>
> Many thanks...
>
>   YIS,
>
>   Viviana Rowntree
>   Oakenwald Pursuivant

While (currently) local to Steppes, I have not seen the extent / type of
damage and do not know if this is an original or a painted charter.

The questions I can immediately think of:
* is any of the text / decoration in the damaged area, of is it purely
paper that is involved in the damage?
* if only paper is involved, could the other three corners be trimmed to
match and the remaining scroll mounted on a blank?
* if only paper is involved, is a source of the same grade / weight /
finish paper available for a "splice" (there may be a better scribal
term...)?
* has the scribe / artist been involved in working on a solution?

Adieu, Amra / ttfn - Mike / Pax ... Kihe

Mike C. Baker
Opinions? I'm FULL of 'em
alt. e-mail: KiheBard at hotmail.com  OR MCBaker216 at cs.com
   Buy my writings!:   http://www.lulu.com/WizardsDen