[ANSTHRLD] Looking for Info on Branches

Jacquie Ziegler shauna at bresnan.net
Wed Sep 12 20:24:00 PDT 2007

Kathleen O'Brien wrote:
> At 01:48 PM 9/12/2007 -0500, you wrote:
>
>> Does anyone recognize any of these branches as having once been active
>> branches in Ansteorra?  Are they now inactive/dissolved, or are they
>> considered part of another kingdom now (unlikely, since Ansteorra
>> hasn't spawned any other kingdoms).
>>
>> Ragged Staff has these listed as submissions which came from Ansteorra:
>>

>> Paiscumbre
>>

> Paiscumbe was submitted through Atenveldt - I'm not sure if Ansteorra was
> submitting independently at that time or not.  Given the date, I have no
> idea if the area was in what is now Ansteorra or Atenvelt or the Outlands...
>
> LoAR 11 Aug 1977:
>
> Paiscumbre, shire. badge. The name is not good Spanish, say my informants
> G.C. and Carmen Edmonson. A copy of their letter, suggesting alternative
> names, is being sent to Aten herald. On resubmitting please include the
> name and address of your seneschal so that we can correspond directly. You
> need arms, not a badge; this would do if the wreath were laurel, rather
> than greenbrier.
>

> I know there's a book about the history of Atenveldt.  I don't know if it
> would mention <Paiscumbre> or not.  If Ragged Staff can tell us what
> city/whatever was given on the person's contact info on the submission
> form, that might help.
>
> Mari

The file as I have it is very sparse, only one name form and a decision
note handwritten and taped to the inside of the folder.

The name form has Austin, San Marcos and Greenbriar School in Austin,
Texas. There is also a blazon of

Per saltire vert and azure, in dexter chief tounge of flame or,
surrounded by a werath of greenbriar vines vert fimbreated Or in sinster
base a sword bendsinisterwise argent.

(I have copied the blazon exactly as written)

and the form has 'badge' checked, there is no emblazon sheet.

The name is supposed to be Spanish for Hill Country. There is no
specific name or address on the form.

I can copy this to Mistress Marta, Aten submissions herald, if you think
it would help - she might not have any more than this, though. When
Artemisia went Kingdom, she sent me all the Artemisian files out of the
Aten backfiles. I think she did that for the Outlands as well, but have
no idea if she or her predecessor culled out the Ansteorran files earlier.

Shauna
Ragged Staff