[ANSTHRLD] Baronial investiture ceremonies

Steve Rourke steverourke at charter.net
Sat Jan 26 08:08:28 PST 2008

> It sounds to me like this would be a good project for our Tressure
> Herald to oversee. :-D  A document of historical and SCA traditional
> ceremonies for not only baronial elevations, but peerages, coronations,
> fealty, etc.  There was a class taught on period oaths at KWHSS in New
> Orleans.  I'll see if I can find the notes.
>
> Alden

Sorry about coming into this late but the flu is a terrible thing to have.
Here are some assorted links that are still active, I will continue to find
other examples and work on combining them all into some form of document.

Domhnall
Tressure

Charter of Homage and Fealty 1110
http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/source/atton1.html

Fief  Cerimonies 12th Century
http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/source/feud-fief1.html

The Manner and Form of the Coronationof the Kings and Queens of England
1385-1460 http://www.chronique.com/Library/Knights/coronation.htm

"Feudal" Oaths of Fidelity
http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/source/feud-oath1.html

An Article on fealty by Ioseph of Locksley
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CHIVALRY/fealty-art.html

"Fealty in the SCA" by Baron Hrolf Herjolffsen OP
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CHIVALRY/Fealty-n-t-SCA-art.html