[ANSTHRLD] Monkeys!!!

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Tue Nov 25 10:25:42 PST 2008

Annwn Shona <lady.annwn at gmail.com> wrote:
>  I want a halved background of blue on the right and white on the
>  left.

Right and left from the point of view of someone looking at the
shield, or from the point of view of the person holding it?
In heraldry, "right" and "left" are from the point of view of the
person holding the shield, so "right" is to the viewer's left and vice
cersa.

>  In the center of that, a monkey rampant. Now, I would like the
>  monkey to be holding a red quill, but not sure if that will work?

How is the quill pen sloped or oriented?  That is, is it up-and-down,
slanted /, slanted \, horizontal?  Is the pointy end (assuming you
mean a quill pen) down, up, facing bearer's right, or to bearer's
left?  How large is it -- comparable in size to the minkie or much
smaller?

Danel de Linccolne
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com