[ANSTHRLD] question about baronial service order award charters

Duncan Hepburn duncan at stormypetrel.org
Thu Aug 20 10:17:05 PDT 2009

Thanks for the authoritative answer Master Robin.

So the answer I am understanding is that landed nobles who are elevated
to that station, and upon elevation become members of the baronial
service order by right of being the principal are not entitled to
charters signed by anyone but the crown, correct?

I understand your points, and they make complete sense. From a
logistical standpoint of creating charters and getting signatures, this
is gonna be a bear. Ah well, we knew it was a suicide mission when we
signed up for it. =)

I guess my next move is to open a dialogue with Golden Scroll about past
Crown's sigs. We're going to be making 10 different versions of the
charter as it is. Do you think we should make an 11th (listing the Crown
directly but not by name), for the 7 instances of individuals becoming
Oaks upon elevation?

Duncan