[ANSTHRLD] Tincture Words in Order Names

Marie de Blois erminespot at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 09:45:45 PST 2009

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 7:10 AM,  <Kevinkeary at aol.com> wrote:
> Vaguely I recall discussion on this list that the current policy is that
> tinctures in Award names be in plain English rather than in Heraldspeak, except
> for Sable which is considered sorta grandfathered in Ansteorra and its
> subsidiary branches. So vaguely that I may be imagining it. And if it did  happen, I
> foolishly deleted the email since I didn't foresee it coming up in my
> baliwick.

Unless the subsidiary branch already has an order name with 'Sable' in
the title, they cannot appeal to the Grandfather clause.

I also would direct your attention to the November LoAR, just came out
(and not even on the web site yet), which addresses this issue in
order names very directly (both for Azure and Sable).  Gimme a minute
and I'll go dig it up from my email.

Marie
(the outlandish lurker)