[ANSTHRLD] A question on behalf of a client

Alasdair MacEogan alasdair at bmhanson.net
Fri Jul 17 12:07:29 PDT 2009

kevinkeary at aol.com wrote:
>  As far as the rules for what one may register in an achievement go,
>  does a court barony qualify one as a Grant or as a Noble?

Nobility.  If you look on the registration form it may be a little clearer where they fall.

>  So, for instance, can a court baron register an achievement with a
>  simple baronial coronet on the helm?

Certainly.

>  Can a LANDED baron do so, and then retain it after stepping down?

A qualified yes. :-D  A a general rule when landed barons step down they get a court barony and i believe the inception date is back dated to when they stepped up.  at least I have never seen a stepping down landed that did NOT get one if they were not already a baron.  There may be others with differing memories so i am qualifying it.

Alasdair