[ANSTHRLD] achievements for barons (was: A question on behalf of a client)

kevinkeary at aol.com kevinkeary at aol.com
Fri Jul 17 13:11:42 PDT 2009

Thank you and everyone else for your answers to my questions. I should
learn to just ask one person instead of the list. Or if I had looked at
the registration form, I could have saved us all a load of trouble.
And, for the record, my hypothetical potential client is not a past or
present landed noble of Northkeep. I just wanted to make sure that what
(s)he wanted to do was valid, and it is, and I'm sorry I was too dense
to confirm it on my own.

Anyway, to answer YOUR questions:

.
>Given in the examples where?
http://herald.ansteorra.org/achievements.php
but I obviously misread or misremembered it. Now, plain as day it
mentions 'former landed barony' and 'viscounty' and does NOT mention
county. I apologize for that too.

>> . . .On the list of 'awards and honors in Ansteorra', court baronies
are listed with the grants and landed baronies with the nobles.
>Again, what list?
http://herald.ansteorra.org/OP/awards_table.php

And I am surprised, but understand, the consensus that a landed barony
-- an explicitly temporary ennobling with the court barony to follow
NOT guaranteed -- actually confers LESS rights to registering
achievement elements, at least in good taste. Surprised, and
surprisingly pleased.