[ANSTHRLD] link to pics for the devices in question

Bob Wade logiosophia at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 7 18:46:57 PDT 2009

Lady Antonia,

My thanks as well for the emblazons.

I agree with both Daniel's and Coblaith's observations on style of your two conflict checks.

I'd blazon the first "Pean, a cartouche within an orle counterchanged."  Like Daniel, I observe no conflicts (Note future submittors, there are only four devices registered with orles/tressures tincture with a fur -- all four of those are ermine).  I also agree with his observation that furs can be counterchanged.  I count 25 ermine spots.  Half that number would allow for greater identifiability.  I look forward to seeing it submitted.

I agree with thier blazon of the second "Azure, on delf argent a griffin azure."  and with Coblaith's conflict call versus "Azure, a billet argent." Charles Ó Floinn (Timothy of Glastinbury, Badge, November 2002).  His suggestion to request a Letter of Permission to Conflict and the way to go about it is an excellent one.

Tostig