[ANSTHRLD] names from an Italian armorial

Coblaith Muimnech Coblaith at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 10 02:31:01 PST 2010

Every time someone writes to the heralds' lists looking for help
finding a period form of a particular Italian name, I wish there were
a quicker way to check the Italian armorial in CodIcon Online to see
if it's there.  So I finally indexed several thousand surnames, about
ninety place names, and a half dozen house names myself.  There're
three separate articles, accessible through my names index <http://
coblaith.net/Names/default.html>.  Please use them, and spread the
word to anybody else you think might be interested.  (I figure
they'll mostly be useful to folks researching names, but those trying
to decipher a strange blazon or locate an alternate emblazon for a
particular family's arms might find them helpful, too.)

Coblaith Muimnech
<mailto:Coblaith at sbcglobal.net>
<http://coblaith.net>