[ANSTHRLD] Known World Heralds and Scribes Symposium 2010

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Tue Feb 16 09:24:49 PST 2010

On Tue, 16 Feb 2010, Teceangl <tierna.britt at gmail.com> wrote:
> The KWHSS website is UP: http://kwhss.sca.org/
> The schedule should start trickling in by next week.

It will be 11-13 June 2010, at Pacific University, 25 miles west of
Portland, Oregon.  (I've seen a lot of event announcements that had no
mention of location and dates.)

As to why you might go:

Known World Heraldic and Scribal Symposium can be worthwhile for newer
heralds.  They need a good number of introductory classes for the
benefit of nearby people.  Also, SCA A&S events are notorious for not
making money, so they need to attract as wide a range of attendees as
possible.  So I'd expect a beginner's track at the very least.

There's a chance to hear about current issues and concerns just by
hanging around and talking at the meet-and-greets party and in the
halls, not to mention the Sovereigns of Arms "gripe session".

Laurel decision meeting on Sunday morning.

Portland, Oregon, is a lovely place to sightsee.  KWHSS often have
pre- and post-event activities and sightseeing.  Also during-event
activities for "herald widows".  In early June, the average high is in
the low 70s and the summer dry season is starting.

Daniel Lindocolina
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com