[ANSTHRLD] Blazon and Device help: Argent chape ploye ermine

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Thu Oct 21 17:56:51 PDT 2010

On Thu, 21 Oct 2010, Bob Wade <logiosophia at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Deer Head (As primary charge) with arrows (I used CNTRL+F 'arrow'):

As you know, Bob, ...  hey! the cliche is true here!

Searching for a particular word can be useful for a rough cut, or for
finding a conflict.  Given that he was just what-iffing, it's
reasonable here.  For a real conflict check of an actual design,
though, you often have to look at entries via Mark 1 Eyeball.
Teceangl in An Tir has a party trick where she tries to list every
synonym for "canine" that has ever been registered in the SCA
Armorial, and she says she usually misses a few each time.

On the other hand, I don't know of a way to get a "bordure" except via
the word "bordure" (unless you're worried about a visual conflict with
an inescutcheon), or a water-bouget without "bouget".

Danyll de Lincoln
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com