[ANSTHRLD] Quarterly, a cross between four mullets ... pierced

Bob Wade logiosophia at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 2 05:01:57 PDT 2010

I agree with the argument Daniel made that piercing should clear the potential conflict versus Sibyl,

He and I seemed to be writing our responses to Herr Wilhelm at about the same time.  As usual, Daniel's knowledge of Precedents provided a more detailed and appropriate response.

Tostig

Post Scriptum: When I mentioned following Daniel's suggestion of using gules on the cross I was unclear.  I meant the entire cross rather than just 1/2 of it.  Quarterly is considered a "neutral" field per the Rules for Submission, so having half the gules cross on half the sable portion of the field does not violate the maxim "no color on color".

a. Contrasting Tinctures - Good contrast exists between:

ii. An element equally divided of a color and a metal, and any other element as long as identifiability is maintained
RfS VIII.2a(ii) http://heraldry.sca.org/laurel/rfs.html#8.2

Tostig