[ANSTHRLD] Quarterly, a cross between four mullets ... pierced

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Thu Sep 2 06:07:00 PDT 2010

On Thu, 2 Sep 2010, Bob Wade <logiosophia at yahoo.com> wrote:
> As usual, Daniel's knowledge of Precedents provided a more detailed
> and appropriate response.

[fx: rude noise] My memory for precedents is as rusty as my memory of
whether I've already bored y'all with this explanation.
There have been several cases recently when I was about to post that
such-and-so was the case, but decided to find the exact wording of the
precedent, and found that I was 180 degrees off.

Most precedents have a category for "PIERCED", but I think a few
don't, and sometimes a hit occurs outside the obvious category.  What
I have are precedents on my hard drive in single text files per
tenure.  I open each in a text editor and try to do searches.  It
worked well for piercing because I could search for "pierc" (to get
"pierce", "pierced", "pierces", and "piercing"), and the term is
pretty rare so I could look at each hit.

Similarly, I did "brac" recently for "braced" and friends.  "chev"
(for example) would not have been so easy.  Multi-word phrases are
also problematic, because my tools don't match if there's a line break
in the middle, and because the exact wording on a phrase is often
variable.  So I'm lucky that I didn't have to try to search for
"charged with a roundel" or something.

I also have the LoARs on disk, ditto.  I have a nice editor that can
search multiple files and take me to each next match with one
keystroke.

Danihel Lindecolina
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com