[ANSTHRLD] Name question: Joe the <color>

Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain padraig_ruad at irishbard.org
Tue Aug 9 12:49:13 PDT 2011

I know that websites can very suspect when doing name research, but Ancestry.com gives the following:

Mac Gormáin
and Ó Gormáin ‘son (or descendant) of Gormán’,
a personal name from a diminutive of gorm ‘dark blue’, ‘noble’.

I thought this might be a starting point for researching some of the approved sources.

Padraig