[ANSTHRLD] Conflict check Red hen

Joseph Percer jpercer at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 15:53:16 PST 2011

Also consider the following from the 10/08 LoAR (A-East):

Roland de Endeweard. Household badge for House of the Two Loons. Per
bend sinister wavy azure and argent, a loon naiant to sinister and a
loon naiant counterchanged.

    This is clear of the armory of Ceri of Carmarthen, Per pale azure
and argent, two martlets respectant counterchanged. Loons are a type
of duck, which falls into the 'swan-shaped' category of birds.
Martlets are 'regular-shaped' birds. Both of these birds are in period
postures: ducks are found naiant in period armory, and martlets are
close by default. Under current precedent, from the November 2003
Cover Letter, birds in different categories found in period postures
are considered X.2 different.

    We note that, even if they were not both in period postures, they
fall into different categories. Birds in different categories are
considered to be at least a CD apart. Therefore, the designs are also
clear under X.4 with a CD for the field and a CD for the type of bird.

Andrewe

--
Joseph M. Percer, AAS, LP