[ANSTHRLD] Blazon and conflict help (Wolf head and mitre)

doug bell magnus77840 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 1 19:18:15 PDT 2011

March
6, 1983 Meeting Minutes
page
8
III.
Reports
D.
Laurel
The
Board had previously stated that titles which assert or imply noble
rank
are restricted and may not be used formally in the Society. Laurel
requested
clarification on whether the restriction applied only to those
titles
which always implied noble rank, to those titles which usually
implied
noble rank, or to those titles which sometimes implied noble rank.
Where
was the line to be drawn? Discussion on the use of various titles
(such
as Bishop, Cardinal, Abbott) ensued. The Board felt that those titles
which
usually or always implied noble rank (such as Pope, Bishop, Cardinal,
Abbott)
should be restricted. Such titles should not be used in a formal
setting,
should not be printed in newsletters or other publications,
should
not be announced at court, etc. In the Society everyone earns their
rank
and title on their own merits.