[ANSTHRLD] CDs in fieldless armory

Andreas von Meißen scamiz at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 16:10:41 PST 2012

Fieldless =/= Tinctureless.

Fieldless is armory which consists solely of charges, and has no specified
field tincture (i.e. the charge can be placed on any-tincture field). These
are encouraged.
Tinctureless is armory in which the CHARGE has no defined tincture. That
is, it can be any tincture at all, and thus conflicts with all tinctures.
These are no longer registered.

-- Andreas

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 5:24 PM, Randy Shipp <randyshipp at gmail.com> wrote:

> Please pardon me if this is a silly question, but I'm trying to get my
> head around how to check fieldless badges.  On the one hand, RfS
> X.4.d, "Tincture Changes," says, "Tinctureless armory may not count
> difference for tincture of charges; the Fieldless Difference will
> count for one change and the second change must come from a category
> that does not involve tincture."  But a quick look at OandA shows,
> some registrations that don't seem to follow this.  Take, for
> instance, a search for "Ewer":
> (http://oanda.sca.org/oanda_desc.cgi?p=EWER%20AND%20PITCHER)
>
> How does Miriam Meggett ((Fieldless) A pitcher argent) differ from
> Angelica de Boullounger ((Fieldless) A lidded ewer Or) or ever Khadija
> bint Umar (Argent, a ewer sable)?
>
> How does this affect the registerability of a badge, "(Fieldless) A
> pitcher sable"?
>
> Yours in Service,
>
> Antoine D'Aubernoun
> Barony of the Steppes

Andrew R. Mizener/ Herr Andreas von Meißen
Cadet to Warder Brighid MacCumhal
Barony of Elfsea - Nautilus Pursuivant
<< Qui quærit, invenit >>