[ANSTHRLD] Help with OSCAR from my Electronic Commenting class

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Fri Sep 7 20:41:54 PDT 2012

On Fri, 7 Sep 2012, Doug Bell <magnus77840 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I see the italics/underline bug about once every six months in all
> the LoI/KLoI commentary that goes through OSCAR. That's pretty
> rare.

I have seen my entire comment italicized a couple of times.  I think I
would know that because, for anything lengthy, I compose the comment
in a side editor, because if I accidentally navigate from the comment
page in anything but Firefox, the comment I've been working on for the
last half hour is tossed.

ANYWAY.  In such a case, as I recall, OSCAR puts <em><em> at the very
top of the entry and </em></em> at the end.  What I suspect it should
really do is just take whatever you give it and simply wrap it in
effect of terminating any unterminated elements.

Can't easily test it -- still off in NoVa dealing with a
(metaphorical) two-year-old insanely stubborn toddler named "Mom".

Dannet Lincoln
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com