[ANSTHRLD] Proposal: Changes to the Heraldic Achievement Registration Process

Andreas von Meißen scamiz at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 14:36:36 PDT 2014

That would be me. My observations and reasons for suggesting that change
are given in my original proposal, and expanded upon in my KWHSS paper -
both available here: http://palybendy.wordpress.com/achievements/.

-- Andreas

On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 10:35 PM, Actuarius Pursuivant <
actuarius at herald.ansteorra.org> wrote:

> I'd seen or done the research on historical practices for Crests (thank you
> Andreas), Mottos (thank you Adelaide) and Supporters, but not on helm
> facings and their tincture.  Who did the latter?
>
> A cursory look at the Zurich Roll shows helms facing both affronty and to
> the side.  A study by Coblaith has an example of the same Arms displaying
> both helm tinctures and facings on different Rolls:
> w.s-gabriel.org/heraldry/coblaith/fries-chronik.html#206r (Front-Facing
> Or)
> http://www.s-gabriel.org/heraldry/coblaith/fries-chronik.html#509r
> (Side-Facing untinctured)
> http://www.s-gabriel.org/heraldry/coblaith/fries-chronik.html (Side-Facing
> Argent in #186v)
>
> Tostig
>
> On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 6:08 PM, <heralds-request at lists.ansteorra.org>
> wrote:
>
> > Message: 3
> > Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 20:50:49 -0500
> > From: Sara Penrose <kingdom at herald.ansteorra.org>
> > To: "Heralds List, Kingdom of Ansteorra - SCA,  Inc."
> >         <heralds at lists.ansteorra.org>,  "Scribes within Ansteorra - SCA,
> > Inc."
> >         <scriptoris at lists.ansteorra.org>,       ansteorra at ansteorra.org
> > Subject: [ANSTHRLD] Proposal: Changes to the Heraldic Achievement
> >         Registration Process
> >
> > Greetings!
> >
> > Based on feedback that I have received over the last year, I have
> prepared
> > a proposal to modify the current achievement registration process. The
> > proposal, as well as more information about what achievements are, can be
> > found here:
> >

> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2EozFbVOvxbdF93WnBQdnJCTVk/view?usp=sharing
> >
> > Please note that these changes impact all armigers in Ansteorra (anyone
> who
> > bears an award). I invite your comments until November 20, 2014. Please
> > send all comments to kingdom at herald.ansteorra.org. Comments provided to
> me
> > via any other medium (verbally, social media, email lists) may not be
> > considered.
> >
> > I will announce my decision about the proposed revisions by December 1.
> >
> > Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
> >
> > In service,
> > Sara
> >
> > --
> > Sara Penrose
> > Star Principal Herald
> > Ansteorra
> > http://heraldry.ansteorra.org/

Andrew R. Mizener / Herr Andreas von Meißen
Rowel Pursuivant, Kingdom of Ansteorra
<< Qui quærit, invenit >>