HERB - seeds and nurseries

RAISYA RAISYA at aol.com
Sun Apr 19 17:55:39 PDT 1998

Grania,

One of my favorite catalogs that has a HUGE variety of herb seeds is:

Richters
Goodwood, Ontario Canada LoC 1A0
www.richters.com
1-905-640-6641

I've gotten good service and good quality seeds from them, and they carry
things I've never seen any where else.

Claire,

I was looking through the GARDENING THROUGH THE AGES (Penelope Hobhouse, 1997,
Barnes and Noble), and she says that the Egyptians had nursery gardeners.  She
implies a commercial operation, but doesn't give details.  She doesn't give
her source or a date, which is frustrating since the rest of the book relies
heavily on primary sources.  The implied date would have been before 500 BC,
though.

Raisya Khorivovna