HERB - ginger/galingale-growing

LrdRas LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Apr 27 14:18:03 PDT 1998

In a message dated 4/27/98 12:49:29 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
nweders at mail.utexas.edu writes:

<<  I bought some and sunk it in a pot -- does quite well. >>

Ginger is indeed very easy to grow in a pot.  Mine used to be a small
shrivelled piece that I through into the garden compost. I noticed it growing
several weeks later and potted it in a gallon container. This winter after a
year of growth it sent up a beautiful orchidlike flower stalk with 7 blossoms
which were yellow with red markings. :-)  Today I noticed the plastic pot is
bulging and splitting at the sides so it will have to be repooted real soon.
:-0

Ras