HERB - Moving plants and gardens

Gaylin Walli g.walli at infoengine.com
Mon Aug 24 06:33:07 PDT 1998

Raisya wrote:
>And the next owners may not want beds taking up most of the
>back yard, so I'm planning to move the perennials herbs and flowers to the
>beds along the fence (maybe if they look ornamental, they'll leave them <G>).

Leaving them for the next owners is a nice way to say "welcome." But
one of the things I've found is that you MUST clearly label everything
with common names (latin is nice too, but common is essential). It's
rare that you have someone move in that will appreciate what you leave
them and be able to walk through jumping up and down saying "Lavendula
officinalis, honey! And look! Look! There an Thymus vulgaris plant! Oh
the former oweners were great!"

Now, of course, all of us HERE would do that, but how many of
THEM would do that. :)