HERB - HERB: herb knots

RAISYA@aol.com RAISYA at aol.com
Fri Jul 3 16:13:56 PDT 1998

Has anyone here looked into period herb knots?  I've found a few pre-1600
illustrations of knot beds, but I'd be interested in hearing what shapes, etc.
other people have found.  Most of the ones I've found are much too complex for
my project.  I'm working on an 8' x 8' bed that I hope to have ready to plant
in late September, but I haven't quite settled on the design.  I'm planning to
use rosemary and lavender.  So far, the best idea I've come up with is two
interlocked diamonds.

Any suggestions <G>?

Raisya Khorivovna