HERB - topiary

Gaylin Walli g.walli at infoengine.com
Fri Jul 17 13:46:59 PDT 1998

Clare wrote:
>Topiary is period, especially in te Mediterranean countries.....
>There are numerous little potted Topiaries in the backgrounds of a lot of
>Italian paintings as well.

I think that I would *love* to do topiary for an A&S competition.
I can't believe I'm saying this, but it sounds fun! (I'm terrified of
entering anything, actually.) God. Another project. And right before
War! What the heck am I thinking?

>There's also a book called "Interior Landscapes" that talks about
>a history of potted plants, plant murals, flowers  and the concept
>of bringing nature for indoors.

I looked up the information on this book on Clare's recommendation.
Clare, can you tell me if this is the same book that you were
recommending:

Title: Interior Landscapes: Gardens and the Domestic Environment