HERB - HERB: Pennsic and a question

Christina magdlena at texas.net
Wed Jul 29 08:34:03 PDT 1998

> Also - I know it's not period, but I've been growing a chocolate mint,
> and while I was away in Australia, it appears to have died.  I know
> mints are all supposedly eternal, does anyone have suggestions on how
> to bring it back?

Cut back dead top stuff, Water, Water, Water, and did I mention water?  I've
successfully planted month old dried spearmint roots and had them grow.
However, chocolate mint is the most finicky of the mints that I have tried.
I've brought them back from the dead before, but only mostly dead.  (Top plant
dry, roots dryish)

Good Luck,
-Magdalena