HERB - Watermelon: Is it Period?

Suzanne Berry sberry at primavera.com
Tue Jun 2 09:49:39 PDT 1998

Suzanne Berry at PRIMAVERA
06/02/98 11:49 AM
>This is a rather strange question, but I am willing to bet that this
is
probably the place to ask it:

>Is watermelon a Period plant?  someone that I know thinks that it's
strictly North American, but am not terribly inclined to believe this
induhvidual.

   According to recent discussion on the cooks' list, yes.  M'Lord
   Cariadoc of the Bow (no offense intended, I'm still learning how to
   address people) cited the Andalusian cookbook as having a recipie
   for making fresh dates out of dried ones that calls for watermelon.

   - Aislinn