HERB - bean

RAISYA@aol.com RAISYA at aol.com
Tue Jun 9 05:35:02 PDT 1998

Ras,

>There were many oriental beans one of which is the "yard-long" bean which
>looks exactly like a bean I have seen in a page from a manuscript in the 13th
>century. It is my opinion that Europe was some what familiar with these
beans.

The beans in the illumination are pretty long, but I'm not sure they're long
enough for that.  Still, they're definitely a possibility, thanks!

Agnes,

Wow, I've never even heard of some of those, and I try to read about every
exotic garden vegetable I can <G>.  Thanks!  I think the Dolichos sounds like
it may be the most likely, the text even mentions that they can cause nausea,
but some of the others certainly can't be ruled out.  Thanks!

Raisya