HERB - Re: [SCA-WEST:1369] Help, please. Anybody?

Aleq aleq at spiritone.com
Wed Jun 10 08:15:01 PDT 1998

Lughnasa at aol.com wrote:

>    Greetings and apologies for cross-posting,
>
>    My Lady and I are planning to be hand-fasted at the Western June Crown
> (6/19-6/21) in Mariposa, CA.
>   One BIG snag: we haven't been able to find anyone to perform the ceremony.
> Thus, the logical question: ANYONE know of ANYONE who can marry people????  Of

>       Thanks to Everbody,
>        Kris
> Lughnasa at aol.com

Greetings...

Perhaps my info is shaky, in which case I'll be corrected, but my
understanding is that it matters not a whit who performs a ceremony,
it's the signing of the license that makes you married as far as the
State is concerned.  Perhaps your best deal is to have a civil ceremony
before the event, just you two in the courthouse, and then you can have
anyone you like perform any ceremony that makes you feel "married."
This way you don't have to find someone preacherlike at an event and the
pressure is off...

Technically, you don't have to have any ceremony at all... go get your
license, sign it and have it witnessed, and voila! you are married...

And congratulations, BTW...

Adellind le Quintain