HERB - Fighter's Tea

Keith E. Brandt, M.D. wd9get at amsat.org
Thu Jun 11 21:38:43 PDT 1998

>Willowbark is essentially aspirin, (anti-inflammatory and pain-killer), so
>your fighters are probably very happy afterwards.

You might just give them heads up that it contains a relative to aspirin in
case anyone is allergic/sensitive to aspirin, or that it might interact
with other drugs, they shouldn't have any prior to surgeries, etc. I can
also see a problem with making bruises worse (due to the anti-platelet
effect of salycilates), but this is really probably more a theoretical
problem given the amount they would probably get in the tea.

Keith E. Brandt, MD, WD9GET     || Goodbye, cruel world that was my home-
 Resident in Aerospace Medicine ||    there's cleaner space out here to roam.
San Antonio, TX                 || Put my feet up on the moons of Mars-
wd9get at amsat.org                ||    sit back, relax, and count the stars.
http://www.dca.net/~brandt      ||