HERB - Re: Comfrey -- was chamomile

Aceia@aol.com Aceia at aol.com
Tue Jun 16 07:21:13 PDT 1998

We don't drink the tea every day, but we are only using 1-2 tablespoons to
make 3 liters of tea.  Do you think it is more carcenigenous(sp?) than a
cigarette a day?  It amazes me how herbs can become such a banned item when
people still use saccherine (sp?).  Also, what about this Olean stuff...
sounds like something to clog the colon with.  Also how much comfrey did they
feed the poor rat?  I bet he ate his body weight in comfrey every day and
nothing else.  I am not a marajuana user, but the tests they used to show that
it can kill you involved putting a monkey in a sealed box with marajuana smoke
(never mind the lack of oxygen).  I sometimes wonder about the 'scientific
method'.
   Anyway... we use comfrey because I have a proclivity for sprained ankles (I
think I have sprained each one over 20 times in my lifetime- it is amazing
what one becomes used to) and the comfrey helps me heal faster as well as
bruise less easily.
-Robin