HERB - to Kris -- dog food

Sandy M Koenig ravensmk at juno.com
Fri Jun 26 17:54:13 PDT 1998

What do you think of the actual nutritional value of dog foods, even the
higher priced ones?   Dr. Pitcairn claims that companies use rancid oils
and diseased animal parts, plus the food is cooked at such a high
temperature that by the time we get it, the nutritional value is almost
gone.   that's why I started feeding my dogs "human" food as well as the
other.   My mother has been doing it forever, and none of her dogs has
had skin problems.  Of course, i do realize that some pedigree dogs have
genetic skin disorders, but mine have always been mutts.

Also, how is the peanut loi better?

raven