HERB - Herbal Pest Repellants

Katherine Blackthorne kblkthrn at midtown.net
Mon May 4 19:03:51 PDT 1998

----------
> From: Carl and/or Anne Adamczyk <grania1 at juno.com>
> To: herbalist at Ansteorra.ORG
> Subject: Re: HERB - Herbal Pest Repellants
> Date: Monday, May 04, 1998 6:35 PM

>  On the subject of animals, lyme
> disease is far too prevalent and dangerous to both people and pets.  We
> use the chemical top spot  product Frontline.  It works to kill both
> fleas and ticks on the dog as soon as they are bitten.  I enjoy
> herbalism, but in the realm of dangerous predatory diseases, I'm a
> realist.

Fortunately, not all of us have to deal with ticks, although where they are
common I agree, vigilance is the byword.

However, there are some instances where poisons are not appropriate.  My
office mate just "had" kittens...who were covered (completely) with fleas
by their second day of breathing.  Poisons would be dangerous for them.  (A
combination of bombing the main part of the house, combined with gentler
methods near the newborns, has finally dealt with the problem.)

--Katherine