HERB - Herbal Pest Repellents

SCOTT A WAGGONER maynedelacroix at juno.com
Thu May 7 03:28:50 PDT 1998

Sorry to hear of your experience.  I know so many people that think just
because this stuff
is on the market that it is safe.  My dad, for one.  He scoffs at
herbalism.  Oh well.
I have learned a great deal from listening to others and reading herbal
magazines
There are many toxic substances on the market, unfortunately.  I had an
old dog that
probably would have lived much longer had I known what I know now
She was my first dog of my own, raised from a pup, and she was twelve,
but I hear of dogs her size living much longer
Glad your cat survived
Raven

On Wed, 6 May 1998 10:59:35 -0500 meaduewolf at juno.com (Meadue Wolf)
writes:
>Greetings!
> I am new to this list, but am enjoying it very much. And am learning
>a lot!
>As far as to the reaction to humans from pyrethrin.... Well I have had
>first hand experience to that. It does affect the nervous system along
>with the nausea, vomiting, ringing, and not being able to see or walk
>for that matter. Ever since I have not used anything like this. On my
>cats or dog. Still have not figured out how it got in my system when I
>was not the one touching it. But I lived through it and do not want to
>again!
>One of our cats almost died from this. So now I get stuff from the
>Vet. Or use Avon's Skin So Soft, (some times this works).
I used that on my dog also, but she licked it off!