HERB - Moths, spiders, etc

Gaylin Walli g.walli at infoengine.com
Thu May 7 11:13:06 PDT 1998

Sara wrote:
>As for herbs, I have found hedge apples to be very good spider and
>creepy-crawly deterrents. I put them in the window sills. They don't seem
>to mold or rot, they just kind of dry up over the summer and fall. It
>really cut down on the inside bug population.

Hedge Apple? (jasmine cruises through her meager references at
work and finds nothing) Same thing as Osage Orange, right? Maclura
something as part of the botanical name. pomifera? A new world plant,
as I remember it. Bummer.

You know what I really wish we had? A comprehensive reference of
plants that are listed in original source material and any other
period source material, including a listing of their current
botanical and any previous botanicals they might have had. Anyone
know of one?

jasmine de cordoba, Midrealm
jasmine at infoengine.com