HERB - Mint

Sigrid PW SigridPW at aol.com
Tue May 12 20:40:32 PDT 1998

Rhiannon wrote:

>tea. Is there one that is really good for the stomach. Like acid, upset, gas.

Any mint tea is good for stomach problems.  It is cooling and the menthol
helps

>I use to drink reg. tea but it startedupsetting my stomach

I am assuming by "regular tea" you mean cut black tea, i.e., Lipton's,
Tetley's and the like.  It would be no wonder they got you in the stomach.
Not only are they loaded with caffeine (hard on your guts as it is), but they
are high in tannic acid, which is tough, too.  Mint teas and any made without
black tea, or without green tea, would make life a lot easier on your poor
tummy!  :o)  You might try chamomile, hibiscus, or eucalyptus teas.  For
something to work directly on you "symptoms" try fennel tea.

Good luck!

Sigrid Pigwoman
aka Madeleine de la Chatte Enfumee