HERB - raspberry leaf tea

ND Wederstrandt nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Fri May 15 19:03:22 PDT 1998

 	Raspberry life has traditionally been as a uterine toner....It
strengthens the muscles and is a good tonic.  One of the newer plants that
actually isn't new if the Lavender Chaste Tree, Vitex agnus-castus (sp)
(no books right now)  I have some info at home which since I'm going that
way early today, I can look up.  It's also considered a woman's herb plus
it's easy to find in nurseries if you want to try growing it.  It's a very
lovely tree, with tiny spires of lavender flowers, and when you crush the
leaves they smell like camphor, kinda herby medicinal.  It's drought
tolerate and makes a nice understory tree.  I read somewhere that the nuns
and monks would make a tea and drink it to keep them chaste. (whoo whoo)
Hence the Chaste Tree name and the Agnus castus (for Saint Agnes and her
lamb.

That's always kind of interested me... saints and the plants that are
attributed to them.  There's tons dedicated to the Virgin Mary.  The house
leek is dedicated to St. Peter as well as Thor.  Kinda cool.

Clare who's suffering from the Smoke creeping up from Mexico.

Time to detox!!!!!!!