HERB - from the list administrator

ND Wederstrandt nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Tue May 19 13:00:13 PDT 1998

 I have recently started receiving messages stating the following

>The message that you sent was opened by the following:
	wpodom1.soil-crop.nwhite

>Information about your message:
	Subject: Re: HERB - Lavender in Cooking

Upon asking the GGP he informed me that
>It means that someone's mail system responded to a Return-Reciept:
>header that someone had put on their message.

If you have asked to have your mail respond to return receipt then please
disengage them.

Also several people cannot accept attachments into their mail system.  If
you are sending attachments please stop.  I am getting a few error reading
about that as well and will try to track down the person doing so.

Pug is attempting to figure out a way we can screen these out but please
check your systems as well.  I deal with at least 5 - 10 error messages
from the list a day.

Thank you,

Clare RosMuire St. John
list administrator