HERB - Lavender in Cooking

ND Wederstrandt nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Tue May 19 18:10:40 PDT 1998

You said....

  I am hoping to be able to try to distill my own oil from my lavendar
plants this year, as so far they are growing nicely.  I
>definitely have enough peppermint and spearmint to experi"mint" with before
>I touch the lavendar.

	I made a very small distilling unit to work on my stove to try an
distill some rose petals.  I had a great time figuring it out.  I also
helped one of my favorite employers distill some off mead to a very nice
brandy. (Shh)

Are you planning on using the whole plant.. (leaves, stems, flowers)
flowers only or just leaves?

I also tried the enfleurage method with honeysuckle as well as an infusion
method.  The most frustrating part is how persistant you need to be
replacing flowers...

I'd be really interested in what happens please keep us informed..
Clare