HERB - Growing Patchouli

Sheron Buchele/Curtis Rowland foxryde at verinet.com
Tue Oct 13 17:56:16 PDT 1998

Greetings,

Goodness, what an ordeal!  My brother once had to sell a VW Beatle because
a watermelon exploded in the heat all over and the smell never went away.
How special.

I have had a small sprig of patchouli in a glass of water for almost a year
now.  I killed the parent about 10 months ago due to lack of water.  The
sprig has flourished and sulked but never stank up the house.  It really
hates any sort of direct light.  I keep thinking that I should do something
with it.  But so far, it hasn't bubbled to the top of the stack.

They seem to be heavy feeders and want to stay in very indirect light and
out of drafts.

Good luck!

Baroness Leonora
Outlands